Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My Precious Daughter

I'm getting requests for more Addie stories in the blog, so here's a couple quickies.
She is just so stinkin cute!

Addison's vocabulary is rapidly expanding, but her pronunciation could use some work, and she doesn't always have the right context for the words she does know.
For example, she knows the word "sorry" (aka sowwy) and she says it to get out of timeout when she disobeys. But she also says it on your behalf. The other day I was taking her bib off and accidentally grabbed a chunk of her long hair when I was unsnapping the bib. She said, "Hurt. Sowwy."
She also says, "excuse me" when anyone burps.

Addie's getting a little mischievous when it comes to getting snacks she likes. Her favorite is the Welch's Fruit Snacks ("Froo snack"), but she also likes chips, crackers (which is what she calls the Goldfish) and cookies (Nilla Wafers). She likes to sneak into the kitchen and snag whatever is within arm's reach. Sometimes she can get into the pack of Nilla Wafers, but the other items she can't open. It isn't until after we catch her that she holds the small Welch's package up and says, "Froo snack. Peas." (Peas = Please).
She also likes to drink whatever mommy and daddy are drinking. The other day I got up from the couch for 5 seconds and came back to find Addie in my seat, tipping back a Monster energy drink. Fortunately there wasn't much left so she only got a sip.

Addie also loves answering the phone, and she's getting better at it. When the phone rings, she looks at me and her eyes get huge. She purses her lips and slightly opens her mouth, like she's catching Santa coming down the chimney. Then she picks up the phone and says, "Hello," and after a pause she just starts babbling away. Usually she's not making any sense, but recently when I call her she can sort of answer some questions. I'll ask her if she's been playing with Mommy and she'll say, "Play. Mommy."
We never really use our land line -- it's just part of the Cox bundle (what a bargain!!!). So it's basically Addie's phone. I call her on it when I'm at work, and Missy's parents call her on it.
The other day it rang and Addie was just chatting away on it. After about 2 minutes, I went over to listen in and some poor old lady was on the other end, actually trying to reach us. That was pretty funny, can't believe she was still on the line.

I love that girl, and I know a lot of you do too. Thanks so much to everyone who came to her birthday party on New Year's Day and to those who got her a present.

No comments:

Post a Comment