Monday, January 10, 2011

No Bueno

So I'm at Riverwind and decide to take a dinner break.
My friend Brian and I went to the food court, where they have Panda Express, Burger King, Taco Bueno and Rick's Cafe.
There was nobody in line at any of the restaurants except Bueno, which is what I was wanting. There was a middle aged couple at the front of the line, and they were looking up at the menu and literally discussing every item. The guy kept pointing up there and saying, "Now, what's that one?" and the cashier would have to figure out which one he was talking about, then say, "It's a burrito" or whatever. This was going on for a good five minutes, by which time Brian has already ordered and received his Panda Express.
When this couple got to the second column on the menu and it was obvious that no order was forthcoming, I decided to intervene. Quite loudly I said, "THEY HAVE TACOS! ORDER ONE!"
The dude turned around, and I felt like a little bit of a jerk when I saw that he had a broken arm, though that really shouldn't affect his order time.
Brian heard me and came over. I'm telling him what's going on, but I'm still standing in exactly the same place, a normal arms-length distance behind the woman in front of me. All of a sudden, out of nowhere, a little 5-foot, 95-pound middle aged hispanic dude casually walks right up and gets in front of me in line. I looked at him, looked back at Brian, and we both just started cracking up laughing. You couldn't have scripted that in a movie, this dude just waltzing in and standing 2 inches in front of me when I'm clearly in line.
At this time the first couple had somehow managed to complete an order, and when the next woman moved up I quickly moved back ahead of the cutter. He didn't say a word and shuffled back behind me.

Quick Addie story. On Sunday she was obsessed with my bag of Fritos. I let her have some, but she just kept wanting more. On a commercial break during the Eagles-Packers game, I got up to get a Coke, and I had taken no more than three steps when she scooted over on the couch, reached over to the table where the bag of Fritos were and grabbed them.
I had already cut her off, so I said, "Addie, put the chips down." Being in her terrible twos, she threw the bag on the floor, got off the couch, flopped herself onto the ground and started bawling.
We got that situation under control, but about an hour later Missy needed me to help her with something in the den. That took about five minutes, and when I returned to the living room I saw Addison sitting in my seat on the couch, just as upright as she could be. She had the bag of Fritos sitting in her lap and a handful in her mouth. She giggled like the happiest girl in the world when she saw me.

1 comment:

Chad A said...

Ah, the infamous Frito Bandito.

Post a Comment