Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chick-Fil-Eh?

I have to start by saying I think Chick-Fil-A is by far the best-run fast-food restaurant in the world.
Despite the fact that the restaurant is always packed to the gills, it's clean, the employees are very friendly and the service is fast and generally accurate.
Today, the drive-thru line was wrapped all the way around the restaurant and the inside was totally full, and we were all the way through it with our correct order in 9 minutes.
I don't necessarily think they have the best food on the planet, but Addison certainly does so we eat there quite often.
Today, a couple of funny things happened that inspired this brief blog.
As we pulled in to the franchise on I-240 and Western, Addie said, "What does that sign say?" I said, "Chick-Fil-A." She said, "Then why is it a picture of a girl?"
I looked up and realized that she was asking about the sign for the gentleman's club right next door.
I doubt it was Chick-Fil-A's preference to be directly next to a strip club, and I'm sure I wasn't the first parent who had to point out an airplane in the sky so his daughter would forget about the strip club she just asked about. On the other hand, it sure hasn't seemed to hurt Chick-Fil-A's business, and it's probably "enchanced" the bottom line at the gentleman's club as well.
As we waited in the drive-thru, I noticed that the restaurant had a dude whose job was to carry an umbrella and walk people to and from their cars, for it was raining rather heavily. Just another example of Chick-Fil-A going the extra mile for its customers.
I did find it quite humorous, however, when I saw the dude standing by the driver's door of an SUV, waiting for the driver to get out. Out of the passenger's door came a lady who was about 7 months pregnant, and she stumbled around the car getting soaked before making to the driver's side. This umbrella dude either never saw her or just ignored her, because he waited while the chick's body-building husband got out of the driver's seat. Then he put the umbrella over that guy and walked him to the front while the preggo lady walked next to them getting wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment